Titanium Tube – Welded
Our titanium sheet stock program allows to manufacture and deliver welded tubes worldwide in short time frames.
Titanium Welded Tube Production Capability
The following lists out our titanium tube production capability
- Titanium Tube Production Standards: ASTM B862, ASTM B338
- Grades: CP Grades – Grade 1 to 4. Alloys Grade 5, 9, 12, 24, 26, 29
- Certification: EN 10204 3.1, 3.2 – Third Party Certification
- Size Ranges:
- Outside Diameter – 100mm up to 5000mm
- Length: up to 15m
- Wall Height: dependent on OD and Length – Enquire Now
Titanium Welded Tube Manufacture
Key characteristics of our titanium Welded tubes are:
- Titanium welded tubes are manufactured as single pieces. Continuous welded products.
- Pipe is made from annealed flat-rolled titanium plate using filler metal in acceptable to standards.
- Welded tubes can also be further cold or hot worked. Cold reduced pipe is annealed after cold workding at a temperature above 1000 Degrees F.
- Pipes are furnished either as welded, annealed, solution treated or aged.
Titanium Welded Tube Quality Assurance
All our welding team hold Level 1 welders certificate and products are supplied with evidence of assured welding.
Liquid Penetration inspection is performed on all welded surfaces for all tubes. In addition Radiographic examination on each welded pipe is performed in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
Spot radiographing is used using xradiation and attested through the certificate.
Titanium Tube Production Process Welded Tube
Welded tube is manufactured by rolling flat sheet and plates into a tube shape and welding the seam in between. The thicker the wall the heavier the rolling is and for thinner walled tubes the welding process is automated.
From a plate or sheet for a welded tube is rolled up into a cylindrical shape with the required machinery dependent on the pipe size. Heavy wall rolling is used for tubes with larger thickness than series rollers used for smaller thickness walls
X-Ray testing is required to confirm the seam weld ad is performed on the entire length
Inspection is performed on the titanium tube along with hardness test and other required mechanical and non-destructive tests.
Titanium Welded Tube Example Packaging
Titanium Tube (Welded) Applications
Our titanium welded tubes have been use worldwide for a full range of applications and we currently supply to some of the worlds largest engineering companies and projects. For an example list please see below a selection the areas which we are supplying too: